Certified Aggression Management Training
Attendees will become Certified Aggression Managers (CAM) by learning the following:
- How to apply our scientifically-validated Critical Aggression Prevention System (CAPS) that enables its user to evaluate behavior that is “aggressive,” (i.e., destructive, negative behavior, threatening), which is on the path to violence.
- How to use CAPS to determine at what level of aggression the individual is and thereby the presumption of threat (Low, Moderate, High).
- How to Use scientific measures applying CAPS’s Objective Measurable Observables in real-time, offering the Certified Aggression Manager the precursors to someone on the path to violence.
- Learn how CAPS uses only “aggressive behavior” in its assessment. How CAPS does not contravene HIPAA or privacy regulations. Certified Aggression Managers can therefore record and track this “aggressive behavior” with virtual impunity.
- Certified Aggression Managers will learn how CAPS provides a scalable system that achieves Evidence-based Best Practices.
- Two 8 hour instructional days
- Live Classroom Instruction
- Remote Offering Coming Soon
- Participants must be regularly employed by the authorized school district and authorized by the Superintendent of Schools for each given district.
- Student must be regularly employed by a business or not-for-profit organization and authorized by the same for participation.
Further Course Information
At the completion and passing the assessment of this Course’s second day, each participant will receive a certificate as Certified Aggression Managers (CAM). Aggression First Observers are trained to identify and report Aggressive Behavior using scientifically validated objective measurable observables that do no violate HIPAA, FERPA or the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Certified Aggression Managers (CAM) will take the two-day Workshop followed by this second-day workshop. CAMs are often members of a Threat Assessment Team, Behavioral Intervention Team, or someone on the frontlines of aggressive behavior who are CAPS trained and receive our nationally recognized Aggression Manager’s Certification.
We live with a hard truth: From the Moment of Commitment (when an assailant decides to pull his weapon and begin shooting) to when the first round is discharged is only 2 seconds! Within 5 seconds there will be dead, dying or wounded victims. Regardless how well trained or equipped your security might be, typically they will arrive stepping over those slain during those horrific first 5 seconds. This is unacceptable! We must get out in front of the horrific Moment of Commitment! Although there is no absolute (100%) violence prevention, CAPS offers scientifically reliable violence prevention!
Participants learn how to:
- Evaluate the objective measurable observables made available by the trained Aggression First Observers
- Objectively assess the level of hostile intent and therefore the threat posed by the declared observables through the use of the Meter of Emerging Aggression
- Decide what action(s), if any, is to be taken
- Approach the perceived potential aggressor using established and tested methodologies
- Engage this aggressor with all needed resources
- Foreseeing an aggressor’s Moment of Commitment, thereby providing an opportunity to prevent a violent incident
- Record and track aggressive behavior over time
- Upon completion of the intervention, the Certified Aggression Manager (CAM) can record their engagement and results, producing “evidence-based” Best Practices and demonstrating the use of scientific “cause and effect” principles within CAPS’s Meter of Emerging Aggression. This helps Certified Aggression Managers remain objective, which places them on a path to legal defensibility and offers an extra measure of protection for all within their workplace.
The Critical Aggression Prevention System (CAPS) Solution is based on years of research into aggressive behavior, and the recognition that practical tools to identify, measure, and assess specifically emerging human aggression. As a result, CAPS is the most effective “system” for achieving maximum hospital safety and security in a practical, scalable and affordable way.
Critical Aggression Prevention System (CAPS) provides the means and methods for Certified Aggression Managers to reliably prevent conflict and thereby prevent any subsequent threats and potential crisis. Because CAPS addresses only “aggressive behavior,” it falls outside of HIPAA regulations and within privacy regulations.
Critical Aggression Prevention System (CAPS) is uniquely built upon measuring the emergence of aggression, providing Certified Aggression Managers the opportunity to reliably prevent the next Moment of Commitment (shooting) as well as any violence or aggression with its proprietary Primal and Cognitive Aggression Continua.