8 HR Pre-assignment DCJS
NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services – 8 Hour Pre-assignment Course
The Eight Hour Pre-Assignment Training is the REQUIRED course for licensing with the New York State Division of Licensing Services, and is a general introductory course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the officer is issued a training certificate. This certificate must accompany the security officer’s registration application when submitted to the Department of State Division of Licensing. Once the application is submitted, the officer has 90 days to complete the 16 Hour On-The-Job training course.
Pre-requisites to Attending
- You must be 16 years of age or older. *Please note: to become licensed within New York State as a Security Guard, you must be 18 years of age.
- Students must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
Students will be presented with information related to each subject listed. Upon seven hours of class time, each student will be provided a one-hour review and examination of 25 questions – a score of 70% or better is required for certification.
- Role of a Security Guard
- Legal Powers and Limitations
- Emergency Situations
- Public Relations
- Access Control
- Ethics and Conduct
- Exam Review – 25 Questions, Multiple Choice – True & False
- Handouts (Used During Class)
- Frame Worthy Certificate Upon Successful Completion
- At the time of registration you may register for the 16 HR OJT Course for additional discounts – please visit the registration page for more information.
What You Must Bring
- Note Pad
- Black Pen or Pencil
- Photo ID
- Beverage and/or Snack-Lunch
Why Should I Attend?
- Enhance your ability to obtain an entry level security position within New York State;
- Meet requirements of New York State Law in lateral change from out of state security experience;
- Have a minimum understanding of operational procedures and laws that affects the Security Officer
- Reduce liability exposure by knowing, following and the state requirements for Security Officers
- Individuals performing the functions of a Security Officer within New York State who requires certification, including Executive Protection.
- Persons in the position of managing security personnel within the entities chain of command;
- Receptionist and others whose position may border or step in to security, i.e. camera monitoring, emergency response
Course Fees and Registration
Discounts are available for multiple individuals from the same agency. If you are an employer of security professionals and would like to arrange for an “on-site” class or discounted classes for multiple attendees, please contact us.
All pricing includes required classroom materials and does not include transportation, meals or lodging.
ALL COURSE FEES MUST BE PAID PRIOR ENTRY IN THE COURSE
Registration: Is available on-line with an emailed receipt by credit card, or you may complete and print the mailed Registration Form with a Postal Money Order:
Peeler Group International
PO Box 1095
Fonda, New York 12068-1095