8 HR Annual Armed Training
NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services – Annual Firearms Training Course
Security personnel who have completed the 47 Hour Firearms course must complete the Annual 8 Hour Firearms Training Course each calendar year. Each armed security guard must complete this course as a prerequisite for renewal of his or her armed guard registration.
Pre-requisites to Attending
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- You must have a valid and current New York State “Armed Guard Card” and be licensed as an Armed Security Guard in New York State;
- Students are required to own the equipment described below;
- Students must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- A “Hold Harmless” Agreement will be required for entry into class
The Annual Eight Hour Firearms Training course includes three hours of classroom refresher on the Use of Force followed by a written examination, and five hours of weapons qualification which includes a proficiency examination.
- Article 35 – Use of Force/Deadly Physical Force
- Use of Force Exam Review – 10 Questions, Multiple Choice – True & False
- Handouts (Used During Class)
- Firearm Inert Training Equipment
- Course Qualification & Practice Targets
- Frame Worthy Certificate Upon Successful Completion
What You Must Bring
- Note Pad
- Black Pen or Pencil
- Photo ID
- Beverage and/or Snack-Lunch
- REQUIRED READING; ALL STUDENTS Must Read Our Firearms Welcome Letter providing Required Information and Gear
- Duty Type Firearm
- 250 Rounds Manufactured Ammo
- Duty Holster and 3 Magazine or 2 Speed Loaders and Belt Holders
- Hearing Protection
- Eye Protection
Why Should I Attend?
- Course is required for continued renewal of the Armed Security Guard;
- Enhance your ability to obtain an entry level security position within New York State;
- Meet requirements of New York State Law in lateral change from out of state security experience;
- Have a minimum understanding of operational procedures and laws that affects the Security Officer;
- Reduce liability exposure by knowing, following and the state requirements for Security Officers.
- Individuals performing the functions of a Armed Security Officer within New York State and who requires certification, including Executive Protection.
- Persons in the position of managing security personnel within the entities chain of command;
Course Fees and Registration
Discounts are available for multiple individuals from the same agency. If you are an employer of security professionals and would like to arrange for an “on-site” class or discounted classes for multiple attendees, please contact us.
All pricing inclu des required classroom materials and does not include transportation, meals or lodging.
ALL COURSE FEES MUST BE PAID PRIOR ENTRY IN THE COURSE
Registration: Is available on-line with an emailed receipt by credit card, or you may complete and print the mailed Registration Form with a Postal Money Order:
Peeler Group International
PO Box 1095
Fonda, New York 12068-1095