47 HR Firearms Training
NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services – 47 Hour Firearms Training Course
Security personnel who carry firearms are required to complete a 47 Hour Firearms course before they can be licensed as an armed security guard. Upon successful completion of this course the guard is issued a training certificate. This certificate must accompany the security guard’s registration application when submitted to the Department of State, Division of Licensing Services.
Pre-requisites to Attending
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- You must have a valid and current New York State “Guard Card” and be licensed as an Unarmed Security Guard in New York State;
- Students are required to own the equipment described below;
- Students must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- A “Hold Harmless” Agreement will be required for entry into class
This course includes seven hours of classroom instruction in the Use of Force (NYS Penal Law Art. 35) followed by a written examination, and 40 hours on the firing range followed by weapons qualification. – a score of 70% or better is required for the written examination, in addition, a qualifying range score is needed for certification.
- Article 35 – Use of Force/Deadly Physical Force
- Use of Force Exam Review – 10 Questions, Multiple Choice – True & False
- Handgun Selection
- Firearms and Range Safety
- Proper Equipment and Gear
- Clearing Pistol Stoppages
- Shooting Dominate and Support Hand
- Shooting Multiple and Moving Targets
- Low Light Shooting
- Decision Making – Shoot Don’t Shoot Scenarios
- Cover and Concealment
- Shotgun and Patrol Rifle Overview
- Handouts (Used During Class)
- Firearm Inert Training Equipment
- Course Qualification & Practice Targets
- Frame Worthy Certificate Upon Successful Completion
What You Must Bring
- Note Pad
- Black Pen or Pencil
- Photo ID
- Beverage and/or Snack-Lunch
- REQUIRED READING; ALL STUDENTS Must Read Our Firearms Welcome Letter providing Required Information and Gear
- Duty Type Firearm
- 800 Rounds Manufactured Ammo
- Duty Holster and 3 Magazine or 2 Speed Loaders and Belt Holders
- Hearing Protection
- Eye Protection
Why Should I Attend?
- Certification is Required to be armed in a security capacity in New York State;
- Enhance your ability to obtain an entry level security position within New York State;
- Meet requirements of New York State Law in lateral change from out of state security experience;
- Have a minimum understanding of operational procedures and laws that affects the Security Officer;
- Reduce liability exposure by knowing, following and the state requirements for Security Officers.
- Individuals performing the functions of a Armed Security Officer within New York State and who requires certification, including Executive Protection.
- Persons in the position of managing security personnel within the entities chain of command;
Course Fees and Registration
Discounts are available for multiple individuals from the same agency. If you are an employer of security professionals and would like to arrange for an “on-site” class or discounted classes for multiple attendees, please contact us.
All pricing inclu des required classroom materials and does not include transportation, meals or lodging.
ALL COURSE FEES MUST BE PAID PRIOR ENTRY IN THE COURSE
Registration: Is available on-line with an emailed receipt by credit card, or you may complete and print the mailed Registration Form with a Postal Money Order:
Peeler Group International
PO Box 1095
Fonda, New York 12068-1095