16 HR OJT Certification
NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services – 16 Hour On-the-Job Training Course
The 16 Hour On-the-Job Training Course is course REQUIRED within 90 days of employment, and is a general introductory course.
PGI recommends that the Sixteen Hour OJT course is taken as soon as practical, and may be taken immediately after the 8 HR Pre-assignment Course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the officer is issued a training certificate that the student will forward to the NYS Department of State, Division of Licensing Services.
Although this course is entitled “on-the-job” it actually instructed completely within a classroom. The course is constructed to provide generic discussion and information regarding the many assignments and settings a security guard may encounter.
When this course is directly provided to an exclusive employer, PGI may customize the curriculum to the employer’s needs.
Pre-requisites to Attending
- You must be 16 years of age or older. *Please note: to become licensed within New York State as a Security Guard, you must be 18 years of age.
- The Student must have completed the 8 HR Pre-assignment Course prior to attending this course.
- Students must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
Students will be presented with information related to each subject listed. Upon fifteen hours of class time, each student will be provided a one-hour review and examination of 25 questions – a score of 70% or better is required for certification.
- Role of a Security Guard
- Legal Powers and Limitations
- Emergency Situations
- Communications & Public Relations
- Access Control
- Ethics and Conduct
- Report Writing
- Exam Review – 25 Questions, Multiple Choice – True & False
- Handouts (Used During Class)
- Frame Worthy Certificate Upon Successful Completion
- At the time of registration you may register for the 16 HR OJT Course for additional discounts – please visit the registration page for more information.
What You Must Bring
- Note Pad
- Black Pen or Pencil
- Photo ID
- Beverage and/or Snack-Lunch
Why Should I Attend?
- Certification is Required 90 days post employment;
- Enhance your ability to obtain an entry level security position within New York State;
- Meet requirements of New York State Law in lateral change from out of state security experience;
- Have a minimum understanding of operational procedures and laws that affects the Security Officer;
- Reduce liability exposure by knowing, following and the state requirements for Security Officers;
- Better understand the needs of the employer
- Individuals performing the functions of a Security Officer within New York State and who requires certification, including, Executive Protection;
- Persons in the position of managing security personnel within the entities chain of command;
- Receptionist and others whose position may border or step in to security, i.e. camera monitoring, emergency response
Course Fees and Registration
Discounts are available for multiple individuals from the same agency. If you are an employer of security professionals and would like to arrange for an “on-site” class or discounted classes for multiple attendees, please contact us.
All pricing includes required classroom materials and does not include transportation, meals or lodging.
ALL COURSE FEES MUST BE PAID PRIOR ENTRY IN THE COURSE
Registration: Is available on-line with an emailed receipt by credit card, or you may complete and print the mailed Registration Form with a Postal Money Order:
Peeler Group International
PO Box 1095
Fonda, New York 12068-1095