NRA First Steps
NRA FIRST Steps Pistol is designed to provide a hands-on introduction to the safe handling and proper orientation to one specific pistol action type for classes of four or fewer students. This course is at least three hours long and includes classroom time learning. Student successfully completing course requirements will receive an NRA First Steps Certificate.
Requirements to Attend NEA Training Center Courses
- No Criminal Convictions for Violence or Dishonesty History
- No Conviction of Domestic Violence
- No Pending Criminal Court Matter for Violence
Students will learn the NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; the particular pistol model parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Additionally the use of force will be discussed.
- Photo ID (Drivers License or Government ID)
- Note Pad and Pencil/Pen
- Beverage and Snack if You Desire
Why Should I Attend?
- Learn and Develop proper safety practices before you develop unsafe pistol handling methods
- Learn how to properly handle and store a firearm when at home or away from home
- Determine if gun ownership is for you
- Learn how to properly clean your pistol for safe operation
- Individuals contemplating gun ownership
- Individuals who have purchased a pistol for the first time
- Individuals who have never received instruction in the proper handling and use of a pistol