NRA Basic Pistol
This course is at least 8-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest position, and two handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination, and course completion certificate.
Requirements to Attend NEA Training Center Courses
- No Criminal Convictions for Violence or Dishonesty History
- No Conviction of Domestic Violence
- No Pending Criminal Court Matter for Violence
- Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely.
- Additionally the use of force will be discussed.
- Photo ID (Drivers License or Government ID)
- Note Pad and Pencil/Pen
- Beverage and Snack if You Desire
Why Should I Attend?
- Learn and Develop proper safety practices before you develop unsafe pistol handling methods
- Learn how to properly handle and store a firearm when at home or away from home
- Determine if gun ownership is for you
- Learn how to properly clean your pistol for safe operation
- Individuals contemplating gun ownership
- Individuals who have purchased a pistol for the first time
- Individuals who have never received instruction in the proper handling and use of a pistol
- Individuals Seeking State Licensing in Florida and other states