Basic Tips to Consider When Shopping Online – Cyber Monday
- Use your credit card, not your debit card to make purchases.
- Save and print all payment receipts.
- Update antivirus and malware protection.
- Update your browser.
- Update your passwords.
- Don’t click and follow unknown links in your email.
- Don’t use public computers and wireless connections.
- Be sure websites where purchases are made are encrypted. The address for secure sites should start with ”https” and not ”http.
More tips and information from the FBI